Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday Feast

I was surfing my favorite blogs tonight when I came across an interesting blog thing on the Stitches of Violet site. Apparently there is a site Called Friday's Feast where they ask a multi-course meal of questions every week on, you guessed it, Friday's. So I'm a couple of days late, but here's my Sunday version:

Appetizer
Name something you would not want to own.
A motorcycle. They are noisy, dangerous things that greatly increase the risk of getting a permanent head injury. My head's already in bad enough shape, I don't need to take risks.

Soup
Describe your hair (texture, color, length, etc.).
Ultra fine, super straight, fairly thin, blonde, cut short!

Salad
Finish this sentence: I’ll never forget ___________.

Oh gosh! There are lots of answers to this one! How about the first day I met my sweet little Emme. She was 3 weeks old and so cute!

Main Course
Which famous person would you like to be for one day? Why?
Martha Stewart. The food, the gardens, the antiques, the craft room, the homes, need I go on????

Dessert
Write one sentence about yourself that includes one thing that is true and another thing that is not.
I am a very creative person and I'm impeccably neat (ROTFLOL)

OK, so I'm a bad liar! I guess that's because I never practice telling untruths. Honesty is so much easier ;o)

I knit a little on my Jaywalkers today. I knit my heel flap a little longer than the pattern calls for, but then Grumperina didn't design it to fit my foot exactly. I'm almost finished turning the heel. I so ***love*** these socks! I worked a little on my yellow linen suit too. I decided the peplum was too long, so I cut 2 inches off the bottom. The peplum covers the place where I'm the shortest--from the waist to the crotch, so it's no surprise that I needed to do some alterations at that point. What is surprising, however, is how perfectly the bodice of the jacket fits me. Yup, every curve is spot on. That is so hard to achieve and is nearly impossible to find in fitted ready-to-wear garments. I guess that's why I ended up sewing this outfit--I couldn't find anything suitable in the stores at any price point. All I have left now is to attach the front facings, make the buttonholes and add the buttons, and stitch in the hems. I figure it'll take 2, maybe 3 hours to get it all done. It's really an awesome suit ;-)

No comments: