Sunday, June 24, 2007

Where did they go????


Let's see...the last I check there were 7 days in a week, 24 hours in a day. Yup, I think that's it...but then what happened to the last week??? Boy, that one went really fast! I guess that's what happens when you have kids. Being an Old Maid myself, I'm not too knowledgeable about these things, but I was Aunt Kristina all last week and I learned a few things: 1) I'm not used to "mothering" 7 year-old girls, even an extremely well-behaved one like Victoria; 2) Kids can wear you out to a state of fatigue previously unknown to an Old Maid; 3) The Knoxville Zoo is a very big place filled with animals that are usually interesting, sometimes creepy (snakes and spiders, etc.), and sometimes very stinky (can you say nausea?) and 4) Old Maid Aunts do things that busy Mothers don't have the time or energy to do so we are very fun ;-)


And speaking of Auntie things, I finally got some pictures of my newest great-niece Isabella. Are those the chubbiest cheeks you ever saw on an 8 pound baby? The new daddy, my nephew Tyler, is absolutely smitten with his daughter and I am getting "Baby Nurse" Aunt Kristina phone calls every 4 or 5 days with questions about joyful things like poop. Isn't it just grand to be trusted with such intimate questions? Heck, I answered the same questions for his mother when Tyler was born, why not do it again for the next generation?

I did get some knitting done in between my Auntie duties, though not as much as usual. I cast-on a new pair of socks on Thursday, the summer solstice, to mark the kick-off of the Summer of Socks 2007 KAL. Let's just say I had a learning adventure (very big laugh!) which I'll post about with all things knitty tomorrow. As for tonight, I think I'm ready to hit the hay a bit early. I think they call us Old Maids for a reason, 'cuz I feel very old tonight---old and worn out!

2 comments:

Regenia said...

TOO CUTE! If she were in my family, I'd ask if I could cover her in sprinkles and eat her up! :)

Romi said...

Oh, adorable! Both of them. :)

And yes, kids help you to realize a level of fatigue previously unknown or undreamed of. What we need is a 36 hour day. ::g::