Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Clue 2 Done - Smiling Again
After spending a grumpy weekend digging in red clay mud and frogging the second section of my pi shawl, I think I have recovered. Hallelujah! Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad, but it was also PMS weekend and the combination was near lethal if you know what I mean :-) But the good news is my snowdrops are finished and they look pretty darn good if you ask me.
The silver lining in all this was opting to do the snowdrops, which look much better than I had anticipated. I moved part of the stitches to another circular needle so I could stretch the lace out and snap/scan some pictures. After everything I've been through I just had to get some pictures--not an easy thing with pi shawls I've discovered. So far it measures about 13.5" in diameter. I stayed up late last night moving all the stitches back to my addi and placing another lifeline (a necessary evil I've learned!). I'm using nymo (a nylon beading thread) for my lifelines and finding it far superior to the crochet cotton I've used before. Someone on EZasPi mentioned using dental floss, but I only have the waxed variety which didn't appeal to me. The nymo is finer which makes it easier to place the line and less of a bother to knit around. I use the last row of plain knitting before the doubling row for my lifelines--it's hard enough knitting 2 togs etc after the doubling row without having to fight knitting around a lifeline at the same time! I tie the nymo onto a tapestry needle and move the stitches to the cable section of the needle and the lifeline went in faster and easier than ever before. As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing!"