Monday, April 16, 2007

I Like Finishing Things Too!


Tonight's post is all about finishing. The picture is the 1st sock of the Lilac socks which I started a few days ago and finished in the wee hours of this morning. I have already cast on for the 2nd sock so as to not be guilty of SSS--again :-) Not that I would not finish this pair anyway because I am so in love with both the yarn and the pattern and the fit that I want to finish the 2nd one ASAP!

And why was I knitting in the wee hours of the morning you ask? Because I needed to unwind after finishing writing my dissertation. Yes, I spent a goodly portion of today proofing and making final tweaks and edits, but the thang is hereby declared to be finished!!! I have my multiples copies along with fancy forms and other red tape all ready to go to the Dean of the Graduate School tomorrow. WooHoo!!!!

In light of such valiant achievement, with its accompanying sleep deprivation and otherwise brain overload, I hereby do declare my brain as finished too! not too finished yet, as I have one quick paper to rip out to meet a long overdue class requirement for graduation, but I'm writing on it tonight already and since it's about my research, it shouldn't be too awful to finish fast! Fast is good too, 'cuz I'm fading fast. yup, finito, finished. VBG!!!

No comments: